ONE BSR Project is as an umbrella project for branding the Baltic Sea Region (BSR), with which various stakeholders can get attached. It aims to produce elements for the Baltic Sea Region image and identity.
- Vision: To increase the Baltic Sea Region competitiveness by branding it as one unity
- Mission: To pool resources in attracting investors, tourists and talents to the region, to increase people’s interest in the common good of the Baltic Sea Region
- Objectives: To market the whole region and its different parts by developing joint promotional services and test them in practice, to make positive publicity of the BSR lifestyles and to encourage the “we-feeling” of the Baltic Sea Region
- Project duration: 9/2012 – 9/2014
- Budget: 3 MEUR
- Funding: European Regional Development Fund, INTERREG IVB, Baltic Sea Region Programme 2007-2013
- Project Lead Partner: City of Helsinki
- Other Project Partners: Partners and Associated Organizations cover the entire Baltic Sea Region. The Project enables know-how to be transferred between countries, regions and different sectors for the benefit of the whole BSR.
Partner cities are Helsinki (Lead partner), Hamburg, Riga, Stockholm and Warsaw. City of St. Petersburg participates with own funding. Baltic Development Forum, ARS BALTICA and ScanBalt from Baltic Sea Region networks are among partners. Swedish Institute, Business Support and Credit Management Foundation, Culminatum Innovation Ltd (2012 – 2013), Forum Virium Helsinki, Gdansk Investment and Development Agency, Greater Helsinki Promotion and Praxis are partners from national and regional development companies. University of Helsinki/ Helsinki Education and Development Area and Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences represent universities.
- Overall aims: Following policy recommendations presented in the BaltMet Promo Action Plan, the ONE BSR Project will develop tourism co-operation at new international markets eg. in the US, intensify triple-helix activities in international talent retention business; and continue the new initiative “Baltic Sea Region Investment Agencies” aimed at improved co-operation in investment promotion. The learnings from these branding cases together with social media activities, fuel the branding and identity building dialogue in the region.
- Project in keywords: Baltic Sea region more attractive for business, tourists and talents, more interest of the locals towards the Baltic Sea Region